iMessage is a messaging app that you can use on your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac laptop. It works only on Apple devices and is free and secure. It’s like SMS but only for Apple devices. Sometimes, you might want to turn off iMessage for one person and ask How to Turn Off iMessage for One Person. In this article, we will provide some information about blocking a contact in iMessage.
Why Can’t I Turn Off iMessage for One Person?
Before starting, you should know to you can’t turn off iMessage for one person. If you turn off iMessage, you will block everybody. It’s a really simple system – you can only turn it on or turn it off. But don’t worry, you can’t turn off iMessage for one person, but you can block that person!
Let’s dive in!
How to Block Someone on iMessage?
Here are the steps to block someone on iMessage:
- Open the iMessage app on your device.
- Tap on a message from the person you’d like to block.
- In the message screen, tap on the name at the top of the screen.
- On the menu, tap the “Info” option.
- On this menu, tap on the “Block this Caller” option and confirm.
As a result of these steps, you will simply block the person you have chosen.
How to Turn Off iMessage?
As we said before, you cannot turn off iMessage for one person. If you want to turn off iMessage completely, follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” on your iPhone or other Apple device.
- Find the “Messages” option and tap on it.
- Turn off the iMessage option.
With these 3 simple steps, you can turn off iMessage for everybody.
What is the Difference Between iMessage and SMS?
The main difference between iMessage and SMS is that iMessage is Apple’s proprietary messaging service that works behind the scenes to help you communicate, while SMS is a standard text messaging service that is available on all mobile phones.
Here are some differences between iMessage and SMS:
- Cost: iMessage uses your data plan or Wi-Fi connection to send messages, while SMS uses your cellular network. Therefore, iMessage is free to use, while SMS may incur additional charges depending on your mobile plan.
- Delivery: iMessage messages are delivered using Apple’s servers, while SMS messages are delivered using your cellular network.
- Features: iMessage offers more features than SMS, such as read receipts, typing indicators, end-to-end encryption, and the ability to send multimedia messages (MMS)
If I Turn Off iMessage Will I Still Receive Messages?
Yes, you will still receive messages even if you turn off iMessage on your iPhone, but they will not come in as iMessages; they’ll come in as regular text messages. This happens because when you disable iMessage, your iPhone will revert back to using the standard SMS/MMS protocol, which is used by all mobile devices regardless of the operating system.
What Does Turning Off iMessage Do?
When you turn off iMessage on your iPhone, here’s what happens:
- Switch to SMS/MMS: iMessages are messages sent between iPhones over the internet. When you turn off iMessage, your device will send and receive messages as SMS or MMS instead, of using your cellular data or text messaging plan.
- Limited Features: SMS/MMS lacks some features that iMessage provides, such as read receipts, sticker packs, animated message effects, and iMessage apps.
- Data Usage: iMessages are sent over the internet and do not count towards your text message limit on your cellular plan, but they do use a small amount of data. By contrast, SMS/MMS messages do not use data but count towards any limits your carrier might have on messaging.
In this article, we have provided information about how to turn off iMessage for one person. Also, we have answered many questions in this article. We hope this article helps you!